TUCSON COMMUNITY MEDITATION CENTER BOARD MEETING
October 13, 2014
Present: Linda Bacon, Jim Hannon, Mike Berard, Barbara Hall, Tucker Peck
1. Approved minutes of the last meeting.
2. Blake B. presented Financial Reports for the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Discussion of how inflows and outflows are shown on report. Blake is interested in a better software other than Quicken that would be more useful for our group. Suggestion was made to amortize the insurance costs to quarter payments. Ideas for Pay Pal change were discussed. Blake will set up LLC.
Financial reports were approved.
3. Update on Building investments and pledges given by Blake. One tour of the building was held and another on Oct. 18. Each person visiting the building will be asked to fill out a survey. Blake will collect this survey information and get it to the Board. Board agreed to keep the requests for investments and pledges open until the end of October and meet in early Nov. to make a final decision whether to move ahead with the next step to possibly purchase the property.
4. Discussion of policy regarding rental of the building for classes. The board decided to stay with the new policy for a year, until we see the results it will have on income and attendance and teachers' satisfaction.
5. Blues Festival update from Mike B.
6. Jim suggested that teachers or sit leaders announce that for evening sits, that anyone wanting to have an escort to their vehicle to let the teacher or another participant know.
7. Board meeting adjourned at 8:50.
8. Next meeting will be set for early Nov.